TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note; as Adelaide Beauty Academy services various other companies for training, please refer to the individual course information pages for any alternate contact information, application process and payment advice.
APPLICATION FORM LODGEMENT
Application Form/s can be downloaded from Adelaide Beauty Academy website, alternatively it/they can be emailed or posted to you by contacting the Academy on 0421 416 659 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Lodging your application can be done by email or post including your course fee payment option as stated below and on the Application Form. Adelaide Beauty Academy has the right to refuse or turn down your application at any time based on;
- You are unable to supply sufficient evidence of current or previous qualification/s or work placement in the Hair or Beauty industries.
- You have not completed satisfactory pre-requisite requirements for your chosen course.
- You cannot speak, understand or write the English language, and are unable to provide your own interpreter or tutor.
- You are unable to pay a deposit on lodgement of the Application Form.
- Your course fee payment is, for any reason, not cleared or suspended.
- Agreed payment instalments have ceased.
- Course fees have not been payed in full by the course start date.
Deposits are payed to secure your place in your chosen course/s. A 20% deposit, per course, must be paid with submission of the Application Form, available from the Academy website, email or post. Deposit amounts can be found on each course by clicking on the individual course information page. Deposits can be payed via Direct Bank Transfer, Credit Card or Cheque, the required information is available on the Application Form. Alternatively, a cash payment via EFTPOS may be made by calling the Academy on 0421 416 659. Receipts will be either posted or emailed to you by using the information you have provided on the Application Form. Failure to pay a deposit when lodging an Application Form, will result in you not being accepted into your chosen course and you will not to be able to attend. There are no exceptions.
Total Course Fees
Total Course Fees must be paid in full 2 weeks prior to starting your chosen course/s. Fees can be paid by Direct Bank Transfer, Credit Card, Cheque or EFTPOS. Payment information can be found on the Application Form. Monthly, fortnightly or weekly instalment options are available. Upon choosing one of these options, you will be contacted by Adelaide Beauty Academy to arrange suitable payment amounts and dates.
Deposits are non-refundable but are transferable. Exception to this is if your chosen course is cancelled or a revised date is set by Adelaide Beauty Academy and it is not convenient for you to attend, you will have a choice to either receive a deposit refund or you may transfer it to another course. If you choose to delay or change courses for another, your deposit will be automatically transferred to the chosen start date or course. Deposit adjustments may be required where an additional amount will have to be paid depending on Total Course Fees. If the revised course deposit is less than the original, then over payment deposit amounts will be deducted from the Total Course Fees.
Total Course Fee balance amounts that have been paid, after your deposit, are fully refundable or transferable. Exception to this, is if you have already started attending the chosen course and do not wish to continue, or the course has already started and you have not attended, then no money will be refunded and your place in the course will be void. Any kits that have been paid for in full as part of the Total Course Fee, will remain yours to keep.
To attend any courses available at Adelaide Beauty Academy, you must be or have previously been a part of the Hair or Beauty industry. You will be required to supply evidence when lodging your Application Form. Evidence can be;
- Qualification Certificates
- Letter from your employer stating what your duties are in the salon.
- Current Results printout if you are studying hair or beauty at a Registered Training Organisation.
- Business card with your name printed on it.
- Business Registration Certificate
For some of our more advanced courses, there are pre-requisites put in place to ensure you are not studying something that is beyond your current skill level. This ensures that you have a good understanding and technique of the skills you currently have and will be able to grasp advanced knowledge and techniques clearly and easily. The required pre-requisites are stated on the individual course information page. Pre-requisites may include;
- Time frames of practicing a basic skill/technique.
- Previous qualifications/courses studied.
- Sending a picture in of your work (mainly for nail art courses).
- Interview/discussion with the lecturer on skill level
Most of Adelaide Beauty Academy courses will require you to purchase kits or supply products/ disposable items etc. On the individual course information pages, you will find options on kit purchases or facilitation only. If you choose not to purchase the preferred kit, or only part of it, you will still be required to supply your own product/equipment as per the list included on the individual course information page. Failure to have all the necessary product/equipment may result in an added cost to you for purchasing product/equipment on the day or being unable to complete your course satisfactorily. Exception to this can be if you are part of a salon that is attending training as a group, then one kit may be purchased and shared amongst the salon members.
Adelaide Beauty Academy strongly discourages purchasing products/equipment from cheaper websites. If you decide to buy your products and equipment from websites eg.Ebay, please be warned that we cannot guarantee you are buying a quality product that will give you the same desired result as products purchased from reputable hair and beauty distributors or one that are listed on the Course Information page.
It is a requirement by Adelaide Beauty Academy and it’s lecturers/trainers that the following guidelines be followed;
- You are to arrive at least 15 minutes before class start time.
- No swearing in class.
- Mobile phones are to be switched to silent while in class.
- Appropriate clothing worn.
- No “put downs” that are directed to other students, salons, lecturers/trainers and/or brands.
APPEALS AND COMPLAINTS
If a student should have any problems with any procedures within the Academy, the complaint must be put in writing and either;
- mailed to Adelaide Beauty Academy, shop 3, 523 Magill Road, Magill, SA 5072
- emailed to email@example.com
Please include your name and contact details so your matter can be addressed.